Friday, July 24, 2009

From Shauna Lichtblau

Free Writing Exercise in Response to following quote:
"Accept a teacher upon yourself; acquire a friend of yourself, and judge everyone favourably."
Pirkei Avos, Ch 1 (6)

Originally, I thought that coming to India was not only an opportunity to see the world, but was our responsibility to give back to the community at large. Little did I realize that this trip would be so much more, in that India has given me so much in return. I have been impacted by so many amazing people and have learned to view the world from a much different perspective. Even though the culture is different from our own, I believe that our underlying values are very similar and consequently they allow us to relate to each other on so many levels. I have come to understand how important it is to create bridges between different cultures in order to better understand and be able to relate to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment